Having a work type for projects in your task is crucial as this will help a lot in your planning when assigning to the team. If you have a work type, you can then assign the team to be responsible for which kind of work.
In order for you to use workflows and approvals, you must first set up work types.
Work Types are used to specify the type of approval chain, which, will be later defined when teams are created.
To create a new Work Type:
- Go to the Gear icon in the top right corner
- Select System Administration
On the System Administration page, follow the below steps.
- Select Work Types in the list on the left
- Select + Add Work Type in the top right corner
- Enter your new Work Type name
- Select a Color and hit the blue Save button
- As an Enterprise user, this only applies when you are a System Administrator.
- It will be a great practice to create work types for your projects, as this will help a lot to specify what kind of activity is needed for the task.
- Also, it is useful to help track the analytics of what kind of work is done and required work that needs to be done.